Re: OpenOCD support for eCos threads

On 2009-09-15, ??yvind Harboe <oyvind.harboe@zylin.com> wrote:

> Are there anyone out there who would be willing and able
> to work on eCos threads support for OpenOCD?
>
> I think it would be *really* neat :-)

It would.

We discussed thread support a while back, and one suggestion
was to write something that would work with anything that
implement's gdb's "remote" protocol.

Such a "thread server" would sit between gdb and another
"child" gdb-server (e.g.  OpenOCD).  The thread server would be
a gdb remote server itself, and would transparently pass on
non-thread-related commands to the child gdb-server.
Thread-related commands would be handled by the thread-server
by examining eCos kernel structures or making vtable calls via
"remote" commands sent to the child gdb server.

That way it could be used with things like an Abatron BDI2000
or some of the other JTAG boxen that do the gdb remote
protocols in addition to OpenOCD.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I feel partially
                                  at               hydrogenated!