Re: problem with recent port of lwip

Bob Brusa wrote:
Am 17.09.2009, 13:48 Uhr, schrieb Simon Kallweit <simon.kallweit@intefo.ch>:

Bob Brusa wrote:
Am 17.09.2009, 09:51 Uhr, schrieb Simon Kallweit <simon.kallweit@intefo.ch>:
Well, if you have configured the Sequential mode, I guess this is a problem with the indexer of eclipse. Eclipse seems to not have found the CYGIMP_LWIP_MODE_Sequential. I've had similar problems.

The way I currently work inside eclipse is to create a C/C++ project using the 'build' directory as the projectss main directory (the directory where you run ecosconfig).
Do you mean "as workspace"?

Create a new 'C Project' and select 'Makefile Project' -> 'Empty Project'. Specify a project name and as the 'Location' use the build directory where you have your ecos source tree.

Then I add the ecos repository as a
linked folder (I usually directly add the packages folder, as this is
There are several ways of doing this. What is the method of your choice?
I understand your link in "path2ECOSroot"/packages ?

Exactly. Right click on the project you just created in the 'Project Explorer' on the left. Then select 'New' -> 'Folder'. Enter a 'Folder name' like 'ecos' and click the 'Advanced >>' button then select the path of your ecos repository (or it's packages subfolder).

This is just the way I use eclipse with my eCos projects. I have my sources split up in multiple ecos repositories, which I all add as linked folders. Only drawback is that I you cannot use version control on these folders. But I'm used to do this on the console anyway. Maybe there are better ways of doing this?!?

Simon

Hi Simon
I did what I understood from your text - and it got messy. It seems I did not understand correctly ;-).

Anyway, I reverted back to my own eclipse-methodology and also decided to go for your most recent lwip-port http://download.westlicht.ch/lwip-20090903.tar.gz (which Mandeep had mentioned). And with this it looks much more promising.

Whatever works for you is fine :) I tried different schemes myself to come up with what I currently use. And as I said, I'm not 100% happy with it myself. But it's functional in my case.

Running the tcpecho.c program, I can see that the DHCP-server on our LAN recognizes the board, even assigns it an address, but somehow the thing is not really working. I have not sent any tcp-packages to the board yet, but I get a lot of timeout errors in the debug output (see attachment). Only - I do not understand why and what all this output means. Something seems to be unconfigured yet and this then causes these timeouts? How to fix that?

These sys_timeout log entries are normal, as far as I know. They are output when lwip checks for timeouts on blocking operations. You should probably just disable "System debugging" in the debug options.

Further: How do I send tcp-packet to port 7. Will a browser where I enter 192.168.0.10:7 send a tcp-package to port 7?

Use a telnet session. You should get echo's of whatever you send to the target. Note that telnet sends data when you hit the 'return' key.

Simon