Re: What's the cheapest develpment h/w for eCos?

On 2009-09-27, graham_k <nabble@keellings.com> wrote:

> I'm on a tight budget. I don't have any projects in mind, I
> just want to do some "tyre kicking" with eCos.
>
> Can anyone recommend a really inexpensive kit and maybe even
> tell me where to order it?

You can run eCos on generic PC hardware, so any of the free
IA32 VMs will work.  I've run it on Qemu without any problems.
There's also a synthetic Linux target that doesn't cost
anything.

As for cheap hardware, I'd probably look at the ARM development
boards from olimex.com or similar.  IIRC there are eCos ports
to some of the Cirrus, Philips, and Atmel parts on those
boards.

--
Grant