From: Jim Bradleigh <jim.bradleigh1@btinternet.com>
To: eCos Disuss <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 13 October, 2009 16:28:22
Subject: [ECOS] Solid State IDE (again!)

Hi,

I`ve been looking more into my redboot IDE issues and still can`t find what I`m doing wrong (the fact that I can`t debug redboot on a i386 platform is fustrating too..)

If redboot is built without "disk device drivers" (CYGPKG_IO_DISK) I see the "IDE failed to identify unit ..." and if I add in that support it hangs without any errors (flashing prompt) when it loads..

Can redboot understand IDE's that use CHS access modes? Thats what the "DiskOnModule" is showing as its access method..

Are there any fields I should modify to get it to work? (aka CYGDAT_DEVS_DISK_IDE_SECTOR_SIZE = 512)

Anyone any other idea's? Btw.. redboot is launched from the solid state drive via GRUB, so everything appears ok except redboots acceptance of the solid state drive..

Thanks,

Jim