Re: RedBoot image for Olimex LPC-E2294

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 04:42:12AM -0700, peter_lanius@yahoo.com.au wrote:
> Hi Sergei
>
> I have the Rev B Olimex LPC-E2294 board with the LPC-2214 CPU and
> 1MB of Flash (MX26LV800T).
                ^^^^^^^^^^
                         |_ That is not Intel parts!

Peter, it seems for me that you have Olimex LPC-E22_14_ board, and not
Olimex LPC-E22_94_ ! I have not the same board and I could not test a
flash driver for it, but, there is `olpce2214' target in a row of
those olpcx22xx targets. You can try that target, but, there are _No
Warranties_ that you will have a success. The target's flash driver
was written in 'a dark' (I just assumed that MX26LV800T parts belong
the am29xxxxx family), but, may be that's my fault (in this case you
need to write own flash driver or ask about community).

> Do I need to apply all the patches from the
>
> bitbucket.org/tickling/olpcx22xx/
>
> repository?

There is install script which upgrades old LPC2294 targets from Olimex
and adds new ones. All those targets use some olpcx22xx common part to
prevent a duplication of code

hal
`-- arm
    `-- lpc2xxx
        `-- olpcx22xx
            |-- common
            |-- olpce2214
            |-- olpce2294
            |-- olpce2294rb
            |-- olpch2214
            |-- olpch2294
            `-- olpcl2294

I did not try to install a choosen target separately, but, you can try
it, perhaps, it's needed some handywork.

Peter, I would suggest you do not mess up your eCos v3_0 sources, and
try to install new experimental targets for eCos sources is got from
CVS/HG repository, a safe way to try the experimental code would be

mkdir -p ~/sandbox && cd ~/sandbox
hg clone http://hg-pub.ecoscentric.com/ecos     ;# ~80M of traffic
hg clone http://bitbucket.org/tickling/olpcx22xx;# <1M of traffic
export ECOS_REPOSITORY=~/sandbox/ecos/packages  ;# <- Important!!!
sh olpcx22xx/install.sh                         ;# Install targets

Build RedBoot[ROM] without flash support, burn it, if you will get
the alive RedBoot, then build eCos flash test, `flash1'

mkdir -p /tmp/t && cd /tmp/t
export ECOS_REPOSITORY=~/sandbox/ecos/packages  ;# <- Important!!!
ecosconfig new olpce2214
ecosconfig add flash
ecosconfig tree && make
make -C io/flash/current tests

and walk through out a flash init code in GDB. May be you'll get a
clue.

If you have a doubt about 80M of traffic, drop me tonight personally,
then I'll build `RedBoot' and `flash1' images for the target and
upload them on bitbucket for a testing.

Sergei