Re: eCos submodule support

Ãyvind Harboe wrote:
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Alex Schuilenburg
Then why are you using git?

Because, @ work, I have to learn and understand it, as the projects that I work & interact with use it. That hg is "better" doesn't mean that much.

That's primarily Linux presumably.

I have other projects I work on where e.g. git submodules are used
extensively. There just isn't any way around learning about git in detail.
hg I could potentially not learn, so far.

Whichever VCS is chosen, we would intend to put up some documentation and "recipes" so that people can get going with it. So basic use should be no problem.

I would also hope that even if it's not git, we'd be able to show git users how to interface with it (although that will require someone to do it the first time to write it up!).