Re: Re: What causes interrupted network system calls?

 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> writes:

> We do have the SNMP agent running, but I didn't find any
> alarm() or raise() calls.  What else can cause a signal in eCos?
>
> Are signals thread-specific?

If you don't have the POSIX package then there won't be any signal
deliver of the sort that could affect the net stack.

The net stack interprets any return from an event signal that is not a
proper signal or a timeout as an interrupt and returns EINTR. If POSIX
is not included then something else must be forcing that thread out of
the semaphore wait. Perhaps there are other parts of the system that
call cyg_thread_release() and may be zapping the wrong thread. Or
perhaps the right thread at the wrong time.

--
Nick Garnett                                       eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited    http://www.eCosCentric.com       The eCos experts