Re: Firewall in ecos

ratheesh k wrote:
 I am a newbie in ecos . I read that there is no netfilter support
implemented in ecos  .Then How is security working in ecos ??

This is a very interesting question and I really hope for some authoritative answers.

The Open/FreeBSD TCP/IP stacks in eCos are hopelessly out of date (i.e. vulnerable). It's highly unlikely that servers and clients for Internet services have been audited or tested with security in mind. Encryption is not supported, although there is some unofficial port of OpenSSL - does that even work? Etc.

I assume eCos to be usable only in trusted networks where security is not needed. Connecting an eCos device to any public network is not a good idea, unless this system is so unimportant that remotely crashing or breaking it does not cause any harm.

--
Kind regards,
Tarmo Kuuse