Re: Running Firmware from external SRAM on AT91SAM7SE512

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Shiang Lei <slei02@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Tom:
>
> Thanks for e-mail me. My CPU is ARM 7 and the code can run on the external
> SRAM. The problem?happened when running the cyg_thread_delay(). Timer
> interrupt occured inside?the subroutine. I cannot step through the
> subroutine,?it will not fail and?can't exit either. If I let it ran and stop
> the BDI,?the SRAM has been wiped out. No trace I can use to debug the
> problem.
>
> Regards,
> Shiang Lei

On AT91SAM7SE512 it is certainly possible to run code from SRAM and
SDRAM, I have done it in the past.
You need to figure out where you are jumping to when the interrupt
occurs and if the interrupt controllers are all mapped into the
correct address range. Check the ELF file to be sure.
Also, verify that your ELF file fits completely into the SRAM,
otherwise strange things are bound to happen.
The BDI probe will most likely reset the SRAM when stopped (if I
remember correctly).

Regards,
Tom