Re: Re: STM32 ROM .bin does not start

Sergei Gavrikov schrieb:
On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 01:57:46PM +0100, Bernhard Gebert wrote:
Hello John,

thank you for the hints.

Now I modified the _rom.ldi and _rom.h, they look quite similar to
those of the AT91SAM7S256 now.

[snip]

I also deleted the RAM relocation from SROM to SRAM in
hal_reset_vsr().

But, still no success.

Hello Bernhard,

Have not success with..? The UART's output? As you did mention you did
bring up some _amateur_ hardware based on STM32 CPU, didn't you?  Did
you managed on your hardware the simplest application, well, like LED
flasher even without eCos? It would be great to know such things to do
futher brain storming activity.  Can you confirm that some downloaded
(or self built) flasher.{bin,hex} ran smoothly on your target. Had you
such a success with the same application(s) on your target?

Sergei

Brg, Bernhard

Hello Sergei,

yes, I did some tests with my hardware:
* read / write to flash memory
* selfmade C++ project with gcc
* UART1, some debug LEDs and CAN are working

further tests I've done:
* built the same eCos examples for the AT91SAM7X256-EK (also homebrew hw), running correctly
* now trying to toggle a debug LED in my tests to see something without the UART

As I went through the HAL's startup-code, I am quite sure that not even the function hal_reset_vsr() gets called. I can not set a debug LED inside at least.

Brg,
Bernhard