Re: how to implement EDF scheduling in eCos

Hello all,

I am going to implement EDF (Earliest Deadline First) scheduling
algorithm in eCos. I had a survey of mailing list and I found very
useful tips?here
http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2005-10/msg00209.html and here
http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2005-11/msg00059.html.?However,
I did not find any evidence about successful completion of
implementation.

My approach is adding two more additional fields to thread's
properties. Those are:
cyg_tick_count_t wcet /*worst case execution time*/
cyg_tick_count_t deadline /* absolute deadline thread to be finished */

Currently, I don't need TCP/IP and I don't use POSIX. It has been 5
years, since these question was aroused. So, my question to those
people who has already tried implementation is: do you see any errors
in my approach?

Regards,
Nodir.