Re: eCos host infrastructure build fails on Cygwin?

Hi Peter

Night Walker wrote:

>>> Administrator@Rocket64 ~/ecos-tools/bin
>>> $ ./ecosconfig --srcdir=$HOME/cvs/ecos/packages tree
>>> mount: unknown option -- t
>
>> ecosconfig should not be invoking the "mount" tool. Please be very clear
>> as to what you observe, with what version of the tool and when. Do you
>> see the above mount usage message when invoking "ecosconfig tree" or
>> some time later? Is this with your own build of ecosconfig which you
>> were able to create by adding "#define NOMINMAX"?
>
> I used ecosconfig-060710.exe from eCos site.

That explains a lot. ecosconfig-060710.exe is very old and does indeed
invoke the "mount" tool. Perhaps someone at eCosCentric could move the
various eCos host tool snapshot binaries at
http://download2.ecoscentric.com/snapshots/ into an "old" subdirectory
or otherwise mark them as being obsolete.

> I started ecosconfig tree-> a little delay occurs ->the mount error appears.
>
> I tested NOMINMAX version today. This one working fine.

Are you saying that you have resolved the "cannot find
/infra-build/untitled-install/include/pkgconf/hal_arch.h" issue now? If
not, please try the pre-built ecosconfig.exe binary from the eCos 3.0
release. You can download it at:

ftp://ecos.sourceware.org/pub/ecos/releases/ecos-3.0/ecos-3.0.cygwin.tar.bz2

or from your local mirror site: http://ecos.sourceware.org/mirror.html

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer