Ethernet stack sends empty fragment

Hi guys,
I'm working on an ethernet driver with scather gather support and I am wondering:
When sending UDP packets from the application with a higher payload-size (e.g. 2500Bytesand more), the ethernet stack calls my DRV_eth_send() function with a weird sg_list.
For instance, some packets are fragmented like this:
sg_list[1].len => 42
sg_list[1].buf => points to the hdr.

sg_list[2].len => 1472
sg_list[2].buf => points to the payload.

sg_list[3].len => 0
sg_list[3].buf => points to an empty buffer.

As you can see the last sg fragment is kinda weird, but this scheme appears all the time, not only now an then.

Timo