Re: cyg_alarm - which context

On 2010-03-11, Martin Laabs <martin.laabs@mailbox.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> John Dallaway wrote:
>> Alarm handler functions are called in the context of the code which
>> increments the associated counter. In the case of alarms associated with
>> the eCos system clock, the context is the system clock DSR.
>
> Thank you for this information. Maybe you could add this in the handbook
> in the chapter about alarms.

Last time I looked, it was already there there:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/kernel-alarms.html

  The alarm function is invoked when a counter tick occurs, in other
  words when there is a call to cyg_counter_tick, and will happen in
  the same context. If the alarm is associated with the system's
  real-time clock then this will be DSR context, following a clock
  interrupt. If the alarm is associated with some other
  application-specific counter then the details will depend on how
  that counter is updated.

  --
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Do you guys know we
                                  at               just passed thru a BLACK