SD/MMC Bus Driver

I'm going to try my hand at writing an SD/MMC bus driver for eCos and
contribute it. This will be the first real driver I've written for
eCos and I'd like some pointers. I've looked at a few drivers in Linux
and just code flows for the card initialization sequence and so forth.
For a single SD/MMC controller on a chip, there can be multiple cards
attached to the bus, and for a single chip, there can be multiple
SD/MMC controllers. I am not quite sure how to represent this in the
CDL and then the corresponding driver. I was thinking of defining a
host driver and then having a CDL integer number for the number of
SD/MMC controllers supported by the chip. Then, I was trying to figure
out a way to tell the disk bus driver which of those controllers to
check for cards.

My other thought is to start out more simple and support a single
controller on the chip and a single card attached to that controller,
then it could be expanded from there. Any thoughts from the community?

Thanks,

slide

--
slide-o-blog