Re: Running eCos from PLCC EEPROM?

Daniel Clark wrote:
> Has anyone looked at loading eCos from PLCC EEPROM (from a boot loader
> such as GRUB2)?

Basically it's 2 questions:
1) Does eCos run on Yeeloong at all?
2) Does it support initrd-only operation mode?
> 1MB+ PLCC chips are now pretty cheap, and based on my research it
> seems like a useable eCos install can be considerably smaller than
> that.

Only 1MiB of adressing space on Yeeloong is reserved for boot rom. I
don't know how many address lines are actually connected. So we're
limited to either 512KiB or 1MiB. There is also a mention of LIO ROM
with 32MiB of addressing space reserved for it. I haven't looked yet if
it's actually present and how it's used on Yeeloong

--
Regards
Vladimir 'Ï-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko