Re: Clarification on serial port drivers

On Thu, 20 May 2010, Manuel Borchers wrote:

Hi Sergei,

Am Donnerstag, den 20.05.2010, 14:51 +0300 schrieb Sergei Gavrikov:
You must enable next CDL component: CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES to built-in
your serial driver.

I did that, but still no joy. in the resulting elf there is no sign of my driver. And setting a breakpoint on the general serial_init() shows that the init is not called at all.

Any other hints? Or anything you need to know (config)?

And what is about your driver's DEVTAB entries then? I do not know: Did you design your driver on top of some generic serial or monolith driver is yours? May be I missed something. Where are netx_serial_* defined? Where those called from? Having no sources it is difficult to know about your implementation details. I can guess only. Your serial stuff should be handled in both places: HAL (either plf or variant part) and device driver (devs/serial/netx ?).

Sergei