printf problem

Hi all,

it's me again with 'serial' problems ;)

I got the netX serial driver working quite fine. So the next step was to
try out printf (I was using diag_printf before, which works flawlessly).

I enabled asserts, tracing and io init debugging. Stdio is still on the
default /dev/ttydiag (which works fine on the linux synthetic target).

But on my real hardware, I directly get an assertion: ASSERT FAIL:
<3>stream.cxx[603]virtual Cyg_ErrNo Cyg_StdioStream::write() Stream
object is not a valid stream!

I debugged that a few days ago, so it's somewaht summed up out of my
mind:

I stepped a bit through the constructors that fire up stdin and stdout.
The assertion seems to be raised because the magic word hasn't been
written. I trapped that down to the fact that the buffer used by the
stream has no size (i.e. is 0).

And that's the point were I left, because I had no idea, why this could
be the case.

I also tried routing STDIO to /dev/ser0 and /dev/tty0, which resulted in
the same assertion (but I didn't step into the constructors in these
scenarios).

Find my minimal minimal config's attached, I'm importing for the
scenario.

Any hints on how to debug this any further or pointers what i'm missing
in my config are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Manuel

--