Re: New Problem for making eCos for an iPaq

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> I am once again attempting my efforts for building eCos for an iPaq
> 3650. In this case for building Red Boot I've created a directory for
> it and of course downloaded the source code kit from anonymous on the
> site. However after confirming that my configuration tool knows where
> to find the compiler tools and other things, I promptly tell it to
> make the binary (Or whatever else it will be doing.) Instead I am
> getting this complaint:
> make -j2 --directory "/usr/local/iPaq1/i1_build"
>
> make: *** /usr/local/iPaq1/i1_build: No such file or directory. ?Stop.
>
> Now here's where it gets stranger, upon naming and of course saving
> the build name it then creates the required directories. i1_build and
> i1_install for example.
>
> I confess I am something at a loss here, this has happened three times
> so far, I thought I was doing something wrong the last two.
> -----
> Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com
> "This signature fought the Time Wars, time and again."

Hello!
I dislike replying to something I posted, but before anyone has had a
chance to comment, but I believe I have solved one of my problems.

You see (ladies and) gentlemen since I dabble in the slightly daft
world of the realm of QNX development I have the tools loaded here on
this system, and naturally since they follow an installation method
similar to the natural way Cygwin does things, and the eCos
configuration tool chose the wrong ones since the QNX stuff is found
first in the path.

Yes of course there are ways to move the QNX things to be found after
the Cygwin stuff, via re-interpeting the flow of the path, but it
seemed better to simply tell the tools to use the regular Cygwin
stuff. This time building for default seeming worked. I'll try
building just for Red Boot next.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com