Using defines in .ldi for variable RAM sizes

Hi all,

while cleaning up the port to the netX family, I came to the point where
I need to deal with differnet sizes of SDRAM.

The several boards Hilscher has in its portfolio use differnet types and
amounts of RAM.
I got the configuration for the different types of RAM already
integrated in the platform port through cdl_options. So, what I'd like
to do is doing the same for the size of the installed RAM. Is it
possible and safe to use, e.g. CYGNUM_HAL_SDRAM_SIZE in the ldi-file
which will be set by an cdl_option?

I'd like to use something like this:
sdram(rwx)   : ORIGIN = 0x80000000, LENGTH = CYGNUM_HAL_SDRAM_SIZE

and in the corresponding header file:
#define CYGMEM_REGION_ram_SIZE    (CYGNUM_HAL_SDRAM_SIZE)

instead of the fixed minimum RAM size, I'm currently using.

Thanks in advance,
Manuel

--
Manuel Borchers