Another oddity with HTTPD

Hi all,

within a little (well, getting bigger and bigger) (test) projects I
noticed another oddity of the HTTPD.

When accessing a page (or different) in short (~1 sec) periods again and
again (i.e. hit reload in the browser), the HTTPD seems to get stuck.
The connection times out. This lasts for some time and earlier or later
it gets in a normal state again and hitting reload gets the page
displayed correctly.

The application's main thread still runs fine (it has a higher priority
than the HTTPD, but delays for 100 clock ticks in its main loop, so
HTTPD should have enough CPU time to run).

Even the network stack runs fine when this happens: I'm feeding it with
8192 bytes of ICMP ping requests, which it still serves.

Such situations happen with my own webpages as well as with the built-in
monitor pages.

Has anyone seen such behaviour? The stack usage of HTTPD should be okay,
it occupies about 50% of the configured size when the monitor page can
be displayed ;)
Or is the use of HTTPD not recommended? Any other options?

Btw. I'm running with the FreeBSD stack.

Thanks,
Manuel

--
Manuel Borchers