Re: synth framebuffer and touchscreen emulation

Rutger Hofman wrote:
our board will have a TFT screen with touchscreen. I want to develop higher-level software using the synthetic target, and I succeeded in drawing images on the synthetic frame buffer window. So far so good.

However, I also want to add touchscreen emulation: the mouse should generate synthetic touchscreen events. Two questions:

1) When I try to enable mouse awareness
[snip]

Well, to answer my own question, I found out from browsing the Tcl/Tk docs:
I must in framebuf.tcl:
bind $framebuf::settings($devid,frame) <1>
to a callback (Not, as I assumed for some debugging time, <l>). No meddling in the C code.

This question stands, though:

 2) What is the preferred way to create a synthetic touchscreen
    driver? It must necessarily be integrated into the framebuffer
    driver, because that one owns the X stuff. I wonder about
    integration in the synthetic communication between target,
    framebuffer and auxiliary.

Rutger Hofman
VU Amsterdam
http://www.rfidguardian.org