Re: Socket leak when accept() is aborted by TCP RST?

On 2010-07-28, Ross Younger <wry@ecoscentric.com> wrote:
>> I can browse SVN or CVS repositories (which is nightmarishly slow and
>> I can't "grep" for things).  But, while you can browse sources, they
>> don't allow sources to be checked out without prior authorization.
>
> FreeBSD's own notes (found at http://wiki.freebsd.org/SubversionPrimer)

That's the recipe I was trying to follow.

> are a bit committer-centric, with svn+ssh urls everywhere, which
> obviously won't work unless you are a committer - but, anywhere you see
> such a url, replacing svn+ssh with http is usually good for anonymous
> read-only access.
>
> In other words:
>
>      svn checkout http://svn.freebsd.org/base/head/
>
> is probably the droid you're looking for - and sure enough, for me at
> least, the source starts spewing forth.

Yep, that works.  svn:// also works anonymously.

I wanted the latest release, so

  svn checkout svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/release/8.1.0/sys

was the ticket.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Awright, which one of
                                  at               you hid my PENIS ENVY?