Re: Beginners troubles

Hi Robert

Robert Gosztyla wrote:

> I'm starting with ecos and LPC2124 ARM7.

Welcome to the eCos community.

> I've downloaded ecos as
> stated on the website for cygwin, choose template "Keil eveluation
> board MCB2100" as compatible with my set, package default (but checked
> also kernel and minimal), have my own program, trying to build and got
> errors:

Firstly, I would recommend that you use the arm-eabi toolchain, which
can be downloaded via the eCos install script, rather than an arm-elf
toolchain which has not been tested with eCos.

> 'rm-elf-gcc: unrecognized option `-nostdlib

Most of the errors you see are related to the above issue. Your
application must be linked with -nostdlib to avoid using toolchain
libraries which are incompatible with eCos. Do you still see this error
with the arm-eabi toolchain?

> first_install/lib/vectors.o(.text+0xc4):/home/xpurogo/ecos/ecos-3.0/packages/hal/arm/arch/v3_0/src/vectors.S:353:
> first defined here
> /cygdrive/d/apps/gnuarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-elf/3.4.3/../../../../arm-elf/bin/ld:
>  address 0xc548 of a.out section .bss is not within region ram

This message indicates that your application needs more RAM. You should
be able to run a simple eCos application built for ROM startup on
LPC2124. Start with the "minimal" template to verify your build and
execution procedure, then move to the kernel template. You may need to
reduce the interrupt stack size in order to make everything fit.

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer