Re: HOW TO compile and include thirdparty libray.

On 08/06/2010 01:00 PM, Ramesh Chandra Satyavaram wrote:
Hi,

   I am working on a project that uses the ECOS. We have a requirement with
our customer.   The Customer provides the compiled library and that should
be linked with out application.  I want to know the procedure on how to do
this.

We are using the ARM Based AT91SAM7XX micro controllers.

We are using the "arm-elf "cross compilation tools.

Should the customer also use the ECOS for compilation or is it enough to
compile with arm-elf-gcc?

Yes, they should build using the same toolchain and include tree (from your eCos kernel build tree) as you use to build the kernel.

How to include the library with our application?

Could any one help on this?

Try looking at this example: http://www.mlbassoc.com/examples/build_httpd.html It shows how to build an eCos application using a separate library/module. This particular example is self contained, but it should show you how to do it with your customer's library.

may benefit.  Private support is available under contract
from various agents, including MLB Associates.  Private
email to me without a contract will be ignored.