Re: printf/gets/etc not working

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Slide wrote:

I am bringing up eCos on a custom internal board,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi Slide,

So, does this mean that you have some new untested H/W and and a fresh
eCos port for it or your port closely depends on some known target in
eCos World?

I have diag_printf working just fine,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good news, at the least you managed a polled (non-interrupt driven)
diagnostic *output* for the UART, and as you say that diag_printf()
works smoothly, then try the simplest diagnostic *input* with

HAL_DIAG_READ_CHAR(_c_) macro

BUT,

I only have one serial port on the board,

It's good to know, How you download and run your test printf(), gets()
application? Do you share diagnostic and debug channels on that UART or
use an alternate communication channel for testing (debugging)? If you
use GDB remote protocol via that serial port..., well I won't guess,
write a bit, please, about your startup and debug environment.

but I can't seem to get printf or gets to work correctly.

Let's leave this a while, especially gets().

Sergei