Re: ecos on coldfire mcf5235 processor

Hi Brian

Brian Smith wrote:

> I am using ecos v3.0 and need to build ecos for the MCF5235 Coldfire
> processor.
>
> Using the Configtool If I select the template for the Freescale MC5272c3
> and build will this produce a version of ecos to run on the MCF5235? or
> will I need to add to this?
>
> Regards and thanks in advance from a Newbie

An eCos target such as "m5272c3" describes the set of hardware-specific
eCos packages required for a particular target board. These packages can
provide architecture-level support, variant-level support,
processor-level support, board-level support and peripheral driver
support. Take at look at the various "target" records in
packages/ecos.db and you will get the picture.

The "m5272c3" target (aka "Hardware Template") will not provide the
support required for a board featuring an MCF5235 processor but the
architecture-level and variant-level support is already in place. At
minimum, you will need to write a processor-level support package for
the MCF5235 and a board-level support package for the specific board you
are using.

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer