defining MAC in fconfig of redboot

Hi
I have built a redboot that includes net support. In the comments written into the ecc-file, I find hints that it is possible to define the ESA/MAC of the board as part of the fconf environment. I then enabled the cor. parameter CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_AT91_REDBOOT_HOLDS_ESA, but when running this redboot and typing help, it gives no hint how such a mac-defining command should look like. Nevertheless it "finds" a mac, although not the one which is specified as default in CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_AT91_MACADDR.

I have the redboot users guide dated 2009, but it seems to be outdated when I compare it with my redboot and it does not mention anything about setting mac in its description of the configuration commands. Does somebody know more about this issue?
Regards bob.