Re: Re: Few questions on lwip stack

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Alexander Aganichev
<aaganichev@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Seek the posts near the time of porting new LWIP version, please, I hope that
>> Simon gave some advices.
>
> It looks like the root of my problem is in the way I created tasks. I
> used POSIX message queues and POSIX threads. After switching I left
> POSIX threads that's why timers do not work for me. Tried to create
> threads with cyg_lwip_thread_new() but only first thread was
> started... Tried to rewrite cyg_lwip_thread_new() to create POSIX
> threads instead, but also no luck... The only way I was able to start
> all the threads was locking task scheduler before creating and
> unlocking after all threads are created. Just thinking what to do
> best: continue with modifying cyg_lwip_thread_new() or just get rid of
> message queues.

Finally I get it working more or less. I rewrote lwip to use POSIX
threads if they enabled (just wondering if anyone wants it to be
published?), increased stack sizes (looks like default too low if you
enable debug output for PHY), increased number of timers (though I do
not use my own, the default number is not enough for two threads that
use LWIP), increased some other buffers.

Now I have another problem. I'm sending about 64K of data and
sometimes time between two consecutive TCP frames reach about 40-60
msec what does not look like any timer I'm aware of. When I look to
the Ethereal output LWIP always response quite fast, but if it need to
send two consecutive frames without acknowledge from the PC it
_sometimes_ takes time. I have 100 Mbit dedicated network, so there's
no influence from other traffic. Can anyone advise if I can change
something to increase speed of transmission?

WBR, Alexander