Re: [ecos-discuss] invalid ecos.db following cvs-update

* Bob Brusa <bob.brusa@gmail.com> wrote:
> d) I conclude from your remark about editing ecos.db, that one can no
> longer update ecos using cvs, if one has made any changes - e. g. added a
> package. Even if one did this using configtool and feeding in the new
> stuff packed in an epk-file. Correct?

I don't concur. All that happens when you add an EPK is that its
contents are added to your local checkout; they appear to CVS as
locally-made changes.

It sounds in your case that you had a merge conflict from your
locally-added packages.  If you run a "cvs status" at the top level of
your now-broken checkout, I expect that you would see ecos.db listed
with "C", for Conflict, against it. At that point you have to edit the
conflicting file(s), look for the conflict tags ('<<<<<' '=====' and
'>>>>>') and resolve them one way or another - either by hand or with
an automated merge tool. (You appear to be running Windows? I suggest
kdiff3 - see http://kdiff3.sourceforge.net/ , there's a Windows download.)

I suggest you have a play with the mercurial repositories, if you
haven't already - it makes it easy to locally check in the changes
you have made to your repository (including installing EPKs) and still
relatively straightforwardly pull from upstream.

Ross