This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
File system over serial flash device
- From: Elad Yosef <elad dot yosef at gmail dot com>
- To: ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:33:47 +0200
- Subject: [ECOS] File system over serial flash device
I have a platform that is using serial flash device.
The device driver is already working in RedBoot/eCos.
The device driver supports:
- un/lock (sector base address)
- erase (sector base address)
- program (base address, size_to_program)
Now I'm required to add File system support in my eCos application.
As you know when programing a flash device, it is required to format
the relevant sectors before and then write to it.
My questions are:
Does the file system handle the sector erasing ?
How does the FS handle single byte programing for flash device? How
does it save the rest of file from being lost in the sector format?
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss