This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: NAND Device driver with HW ECC
- From: Stefan Sommerfeld <sommerfeld at mikrom dot de>
- To: harish kasiviswanathan <harish dot kasiviswanathan at gmail dot com>
- Cc: ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 10:38:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] NAND Device driver with HW ECC
- References: <AANLkTi=O5ZXYXEdBPtKXU1RV5G+gz9RBhWavc4pkRKAb@mail.gmail.com>
> I would like to run YAFFS on MX27ADS board. I understand YAFFS needs
> NAND device driver support.
> I would like to know if someone has a ported the NAND device driver to
> MX27 ADS board. MX27 Nand flash controller has HW ECC unit. I would
> like to use it. Can someone please let me know the complexity of this
> My concern is the usage of spare area. HW ECC takes a few bytes from
> the middle of the spare area. Does YAFFS / NAND device driver require
> the whole spare area? How to configure this?
I just finished a NAND driver for the NFC of the i.MX51. I'm not sure if they
are compatible, but nether the less it may be a good starting point. Tell me if
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss