This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: Tom Schouten <tom at zwizwa dot be>
- Cc: ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:45:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] cyg_flash_program_mask
- References: <4D5AA4D9.email@example.com>
> If I understand correctly, the cyg_flash_program() operation erases
> before program such that the resulting bit pattern in the Flash always
> represents the input bit pattern exactly, instead of being the result
> of an "and-mask" operation.
I think you are wrong. Take a look at the code. cyg_flash_program()
does not call any erase functions.
I've done exactly what you want to do in the past. I implemented an
log of panic messages which just appended to the end of the current
log. No API change was needed.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss