Re: RE : JFFS2 for NAND flash file system

On 17.05.2011 11:36, Paul MAILLET wrote:

> The problem with this DK is that the eCos version is not fixed, it
> seems to be post eCos v2 but pre eCos v3.0. Is there a mean to know
> the exact version I use?

No other mean than to ask Siemens, I'm afraid.

> I downloaded the YAFFS package (file .epk) to evaluate it, but I was
> unable to add the package to the repository, the configuration tool
> ended with an error when importiong the .epk file...

Watch for license issues - YAFFS either costs a fortune (unless
you will be producing quite a lot of devices) or you'll need
to publish the sources. Which might be a problem and you'll
need to check with Siemens first. The docs for the network part
of the ERTEC200 chip is not publicly available so you'll have
to stick with their driver source (good luck reading it - been
there, done that :/ ) at least for that part, which might or might
not allow combining with GPL code.

--
                                     Stano