Re: How to use IP/UDP/TCP checksum offload HW?

On 2011-06-07, Laurie Gellatly <laurie.gellatly@netic.com> wrote:

> Hi Simon, Are you doing anything about enabling hardware CRC in the
> new port that we should align to?

Just to clarify, we're talking about the IP 1's compliment checksum,
not the Ethernet CRC, right?

AFAIK, the network stacks all assume the CRC is done in hardware -- or
at least by the driver code. [Yes, I've used controllers where you had
to do the CRC in software.]

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm having a BIG BANG
                                  at               THEORY!!