Re: Re-use RedBoot RAM segment in the application

On 07/03/2011 12:50 AM, Elad Yosef wrote:
But My RedBoot code is running directly from the ROM.
What you are saying is that when the application is calling "UART
write" for example
The code which runs is the RedBoot code from the ROM, which I agree about it.
But all the parameters I think they are located on the calling
Thread's stack, Am I wrong here?

Even when RedBoot runs in ROM, there are static data which it uses (not everything can be kept on stacks).

As I said below (top posting is evil BTW), if your application is built
with CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR == 1, then you *will* need the data
segment of RedBoot to remain intact.