Re: ecos-3.0 current stm32 bug?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 14:35:15 +0300 (EEST)
> Von: Sergei Gavrikov <sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com>
> An: Philipp Meier <pme.neratec@gmx.ch>
> CC: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
> Betreff: Re: [ECOS] ecos-3.0 current stm32 bug?

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Philipp Meier wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I have a firmware split into two parts:
> >  1. a "bootloader"
> >  2. a "application"
> >
> > I now need to move from Windows (cygwin) development environment to
> > Linux development environment and at the same time use the current
> > ecos version (i.e. what I get when I clone the ecos mercurial
> > repository) instead of the "original" (back in 2009) ecos-3.0 version.
> >
> > The situation is now as follows:
> >  1. I download (to my stm32 device) the Linux/ecos-current built
> >  "bootloader"
> >  2. I download (to my stm32 device) the Linux/ecos-current built
> >  "application"
> >  3. I start the application and in line 187 of file
> >  'hal/cortexm/arch/current/src/hal_msic.c' instead of branching to
> >  'hal_switch_state_vsr' it branches to 'hal_default_exception_vsr'
> >  function!
> >
> > To analyze the problem I then:
> >  4. Downloaded (to my stm32 device) the cyginw/ecos-3.0 built
> >  "bootloader"
> >  5. Still having the Linux/ecos-current built "application"
> >  6. And in line 187 (of the above mentioned file) it branches (as it
> >  should) to 'hal_switch_state_vsr' and the application is starting up
> >  and running fine!
> >
> > Who can give me a hint about
> >  * what has been changed in ecos-current cortexm stm32 that could
> >  cause this problem
>
> Hi Philipp,
>
> I think you can use Mercurial for that
>
> % hg tags | grep v3
> ecos-v3_0-branchpoint           2821:b5a12bb6a634
>
> % hg log -r ecos-v3_0-branchpoint:tip packages/hal/cortexm/arch | less
> -FRSX
>
> or (may be)
>
> % hg log --patch -r ecos-v3_0-branchpoint:tip \
> 	packages/hal/cortexm/arch/current/src/hal_misc.c | less -FRSX
>
> etc.
>
> >  * or what else I could analyze to find out why ecos-current (built on
> >  Linux, arm-eabi-gcc (eCosCentric GNU tools 4.3.2-sw); under cygwin I
> >  also used the arm-eabi-gcc version 4.3.2 pre-built by eCosCentric)
>
> Also you would check the Linux build for ecos-3.0 codebase
>
> # get old (working) code
> % hg update ecos-v3_0-branchpoint
>
> Rebuild your loader and application under Linux and try it (use fresh
> directories for builds). After all do not forget up-to-date eCos HG
> repository (hg update default).
>
> Feel free to submit a bug report (if you'll find something) via eCos
> Bugzilla System http://bugs.ecos.sourceware.org/
>

> Sergei
>
> > Regards
> > Philipp

Hello Sergei and others

Thanks a lot for your tips about how to find out the differences between the versions.

I now went a step back and built (under Linux) my "bootloader" and my "application" under Linux using the same ecos sources and configuration files as when I built them under Windows/cygwin.

Therefore - I wanted to see if the problem comes from building under Linux, or from changes in the ecos stm32 parts (or any other ecos parts).

But - I have the same problem as described above; i.e. the problem must be somehow in my Linux toolchain?

Therefore my question now is:
Can anybody give me some background information about how the "__asm__ volatile( "swi" )" statement in line 188 of packages/hal/cortexm/arch/v3_0/src/hal_misc.c (or "swi 0" line 187 in packages/hal/cortexm/arch/current/src/hal_misc.c when using ecos-current) is interpreted on stm32? What could be the reason that it does not jumps to "hal_switch_state_vsr" but instead jumps to "hal_default_exception_vsr"?

The lines where the different behaviour is look like this:
hal_vsr_table[CYGNUM_HAL_VECTOR_SERVICE] = (CYG_ADDRESS)hal_switch_state_vsr;

__asm__ volatile( "swi" );

In the good case these leads to a jump/branch to hal_switch_state_vsr and in the bad case it jumps/branches to hal_default_exception_vsr and therefore my application does not starts up.

Thanks for any help.

Philipp