RE: C++ and STL?

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:

> > On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, gmail wrote:
> > Is there a package for STL and eCos 3.0?
>
> The problem with what was once called STL (which has actually been part of
> the C++ language since 1998) is that it has no way to report out-of-memory
> errors other than by throwing bad_alloc. uSTL doesn't seem to be any
> different. But last I looked, eCos didn't support C++ exceptions, because
> the kernel didn't provide the helper functions needed to make them
> thread-safe. eCosCentric's version did, but that was something you could
> only use if you bought their package. Is this still the case? I haven't
> worked with eCos for about four years now, so I haven't been keeping track.

Hi Paul,

How the eCos uSTL port can live "without" C++ exceptions handling is
described in eCos documentation

Chapter 9. uSTL library overview ->  eCos specific changes/enhancements
http://www.ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/ustl-overview.html

Well, it can make you write exceptions-less code, but, it is not evil,
google for "Cleaner, more elegant, and harder to recognize" article.

Sergei