Re: ecos table section

Hi Elad

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011, Elad Yosef wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to minimize my RedBoot foot-print in the RAM.
> In the ROM i have more than enough space.
> I want to move the CLI commands table into the ROM section.
>
> - From what I read in the code the Table is statically created during
> the linking, Am I wrong here?
> - Does the table is changed in run-time?

I do not think that you will save many bits tweaking the RedBoot's sources.

First try to decrease number of RAM rooms with CDL

  cdl_option CYGDBG_HAL_CRCTABLE_LOCATION {
      user_value ROM
  };

If you export the above it will save 1K of RAM.

If you can live without command line editing and history you can save ~
4K

CYGPKG_REDBOOT_MAX_CMD_LINE (255) x CYGNUM_REDBOOT_CMD_LINE_EDITING (16)

  cdl_option CYGNUM_REDBOOT_CMD_LINE_EDITING {
      user_value 0
  };

  cdl_option CYGBLD_REDBOOT_CMD_LINE_HISTORY {
      user_value 0
  };

If you can live without some RedBoot features, check all such options

  CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT_WITH_.*

and tune them. Etc.

At the end build a map file (add -Wl,-Map,mapfile to
CYGBLD_GLOBAL_LDFLAGS) and dive into it.

If you will continue to look for a few bytes, perhaps, you need another
bootstrap and debug environment for your target.

HTH

Sergei