Re: ecos table section

I agree that moving the commands entries would save 24 bytes per command.
But since the entries are static, I suggest to allocate it by default as rodata.

What about the IO functions DEV_## ?
for example the atlas serial driver has 3 data structures that are all static:
- atlas_serial_channel0
- atlas_serial_funs
- atlas_serial_info0

All the 3 are constants and linked into the RAM, instead into rodata.
(same for tty and ethernet).

I also want to ask about remComInBuffer/remComOutBuffer.
I'm using MIPS32 4Kec on my target and I see that each buffer is 2KB!!!
Is there a place for minimizing it? what are the effects?

Thanks

Elad