cannnot find redboot prompt at vmware booting

hi
i have successfully build redboot.bin file for target i386(vmware) and package--redboot.
i have converted my redboot.bin file to redboot.img file using WinImage software.
now when i use this .img file in vmware by connecting it to floppy image file, i could not see the redboot prompt on rebooting vmware.
what is the problem in my steps? i do not have flopppy drive so used this way to connect vmware to my redboot.bin file.
please help if possible.

thank you

Abhishek