Re: porting ecos to a "new" hardavre.

On 05.03.2012 18:14, Ferenc Cserepkei wrote:
>  Ilija,
> thats all? so if i set it in the ecosenv.sh its okay? I'm using ubuntu
> 11.04/10.04 desktop edition.

If you are calling ecosenv.sh to set environment yes.
The alternative would be to add PATH entry in .bashrc
For instance, provided that your new gcc is under /opt/ecos/gnutools/bin
PATH="${PATH}":/opt/ecos/gnutools/arm-eabi/bin:/opt/ecos/gnutools/bin:/opt/ecos/ecos-3.0/tools/bin
shall first look for new and if it fails it will use the old gcc.

> What futher cdls shall i write, I mean flash, DDR(2) sdram, ethernet,
> etc? Have Ecos got some support for MPC8548? What shall I add, which
> CDL shall I write? As I discovered ecos has some gcc 3.4.x by default
> and only MPC 860. What should I do to have the MPC8548 fully
> supported?

eCos 3.0 is relatively old code so I would recommend you to get the
latest code from CVS. Look here for instructions:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/anoncvs.html

However I'm afraid MPC8548 is not supported by eCos and there's a lot to
do. AFAIK eCos doesn't have architectural port for e500 core so get
prepared for serious work.

On the bright side. the eCos porting process is well documented:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/ecos-ref.html
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/cdl-guide/cdl-guide.html
Also I would recommend you the book
http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0130354732 by Anthony J.