Re: Re: net/bsd_tcp code conditional on (__NetBSD__ || __OpenBSD__)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012, Grant Edwards wrote:

> On 2012-03-07, Sergei Gavrikov <sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I fully agreed. To be clear, I talk about BSD TCP/IP code only. We
> > should have full control for unused-but-set variables for every eCos
> > package like infra, hal, kernel, kernel tests, RedBoot, etc., but,
> > IMHO, net/bsd_tcpip code is some exception, it is almost academic
> > code today and we should do the same things for this package very
> > carefully.  As you said above, removing the variables would "break"
> > *BSD sources.
> >
> > Just wondering what is a score (wc -l) for such warnings now? I mean
> > for bsd_tcpip with ipv6 code included?
>
> After the changes I've committed so far, there are 48 warnings left.
> That inclues changes to non-bsd source code and adding the
> -fno-strict-aliasing compiler flag for compiling bsd code.
>
> There are uncommitted patches in bugs 1001516, 517, 525 that fix 25
> more.

Wow! Thank you for the bug numbers. As all reports are submitted to
'TCP/IP Component', there is no CC for the ecos-patches list, and I
quiet missed all of them (TIP: use component 'Patches and contributions'
and all on the list will be know about, if you want, of course). But,
it seems to me it is my fault, I need to tune my bugzilla settings.

> That leaves 23 warnings left in about 10 files underneath
> bsd_tcpip/current/src/sys/netinet6 that I'm going to be working on
> next.  I'll probably create a single bug/patch for those tomorrow.
>
> I haven't yet committed any changes to bsd_tcpip source code. Changes
> to bsd_tcpip source code (except for netinet6) are in bug 1001516.
> There's still plenty of time to discuss the way I've handled things in
> the patch for 1001516 -- but I thought it would be easier to discuss
> if there were concrete examples to look at.

Will on CC(s), thank you!

Sergei