Re: Question about unused 'netmask' var in bootp_support.c

On 2012-03-08, Lange, Bert <b.lange@hzdr.de> wrote:
> Hello Edward,
>
>> Can I just remove the declaration of netmask at line 452, and remove
>> line 484 entirely?  Or is this an actual bug because netmask is
>> supposed to be used for something?

> I would remove it.

That's what I've decided to do.

I'm also addressing similar warnings in other files.

Variables that are never referenced at all are being removed.
Variables that are set but then only referenced in conditionally
compiled code are being declared with gcc's "unused" attribute.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Did YOU find a
                                  at               DIGITAL WATCH in YOUR box