Re: Redboot for FSL TWRK70F120M with Linux kernel booting

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Ilija Kocho <ilijak@siva.com.mk> wrote:
> On 15.03.2012 18:01, Linh Nguyán wrote:
>> Hi Ilija & all,
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Ilija Kocho <ilijak@siva.com.mk> wrote:
>>> Hi Linh
>>>
>>> Thank you for the files. Now it works (I had errors in MCG structure).

>>> On my Tower RedBoot works with Ethernet and DDR that would exclude
>>> hardware incompatibility. I would suggest you to try if you have
>>> forgotten to add Common Ethernet Support.
>>>
>>> If yes, then please describe your current software configuration of eCos
>>> and FS modules.
>>>
>> In my situation, Common Ethernet Support added, and ethernet work well
>> when I use internal ram as main ram. But when I use external dram as
>> main ram, ethernet does not work :).
>>
>> Although my eCos work with K70 but it does not work with other boards
>
> So Ethernet works with DDRAM with eCos but not with RedBoot?
No, ethernet works with internal ram as main ram, and does not work
with dram as main ram.

>> & many hard-code for K70 only :). On the other hand, my main purpose
>> when using Redboot for K70 is booting Linux kernel for it.
>
> Have you tried the Linux on K70?
I can't try because I didn't have bootloader yet. I'm trying to make
redboot can load linux kernel for K70.

>> So if you
>> have done Redboot for K70 and it works well, please share it soon ^^!
>> I think it better than mine.
>
> I would like it to happen asap but I'm afraid it will take a while, as
> there are several features to add.

Can you share me your currently package for K70. I just need ethernet
& dram to try loading linux kernel:(.

> Ilija

Thanks & Regards,
Linh Nguyen