BSD socket stall

Hi,

I am working with a Atmel Based ARM board and we BSD stack configured. The
board seems to have a issue with sending data on a UDP socket.
We are sending a lot of data thru the socket and we have rare instances
where the socket seems to ?stall?.
Attaching the gdb to the target shows the sending thread paused in ?sosend?
at the ?sblock?. I can see why the socket could stall when it a high water
mark.
But the socket does not seem to recover from this condition.
My confusion is that I do not understand or see how the socket handles this
?condition.
Could someone point in the direction of how this condition is handles ?or in
the direction of what our implementation missing.

Thanks,
Henry Mahler
Time Domain Corp. ?