Serial communication issues

Hi,

I've been struggling with this for a few days now, and are initially
looking for anyone that recognizes any of this, or maybe have some
insights to what may be going on.

I'm working on a project based on a custom hardware fitted with a
AT91R40008, at 40Mhz.

The application is debugged using GDB connected with a JTAG dongle to
the board, and this works fine.

However, when the application is running from flash using a ROM
configuration, I have issues on /dev/ser1.
I have a console running on /dev/termios0 (connected to /dev/ser0),
and this runs fine in both RAM and ROM.

The issues on ser1 is that after I send a request (two bytes) the
reply is not always received correctly (or at all, not sure which
yet).
However, whenever I enable some diagnostic printouts around the calls
to cyg_io_write/cyg_io/read, it works ok, so as soon as I affect the
timing of the send/read calls, it works.
The reply is always consistent and correct on the wire (confirmed with
oscilloscope).

I have setup ser1 to operate in a non-blocking mode (and no termios on
this channel).
I'll dig in deeper trying to solve this, just wanted to throw this out
here in case someone recognizes any of this.. ;)

Oh, and running a eCos version from cvs, 2012-05-27.

//Andreas