This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: CYGPKG_OBJLOADER vs CYGPKG_LOADER
- From: John Dallaway <john at dallaway dot org dot uk>
- To: Leonardo Passos <lnrdpss at gmail dot com>
- Cc: eCos Discussion <ecos-discuss at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 21:04:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: CYGPKG_OBJLOADER vs CYGPKG_LOADER
- References: <CAO10wb6aFd-s8By1dk8srd0P2PsSuFOA6fwSTgqHTgFhhX69AA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 17/05/13 19:53, Leonardo Passos wrote:
> I would like to understand the difference between CYGPKG_OBJLOADER and
> CYGPKG_LOADER, as their description in the CDL script are similar, and
> the eCos reference manual does not provide further insights.
The following link provides some useful historical insight:
CYGPKG_LOADER provides a dynamic library loader (loading of .so files).
This is experimental code and has not been touched for many years. Ref:
CYGPKG_OBJLOADER provides an object file loader (loading of .o files).
This is more recent code that is in current use and should be functional
on the target architectures for which a relocator has been implemented
(ARM, i386, PowerPC). Ref:
I hope this helps.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss