Re: missing libmpfr1 in cygwin 64 bit installation

Hi Stephen

On 21/08/13 19:35, Stephen Finney wrote:

> My latest computer is Windows 7 64 bit.  I installed 64 bit cygwin so that
> I can continue developing my ecos project.  The "Installing Cygwin for use
> with eCos" page specifically says to select libmpfr1 (and others).  But
> the 64 bit cygwin installer only has libmpfr4.  I selected that package
> and continued with the installation.
>
> After installing the arm-eabi cross compiler, I find that it will not run.
> At a cygwin prompt, I typed "/op/ecos/gnutools/arm-eabi/bin/arm-eabi-gcc
> -version" and got nothing back before a new prompt.  It seems that
> libmpfr1 is required for the eCos toolchains to run.

Yes, libmpfr1 is required.

> Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

The Cygwin-hosted eCos toolchains were built before 64-bit Cygwin was
available. These toolchains run just fine with a 32-bit Cygwin
installation on 64-bit Windows 7 so, as a workaround, you might attempt
a parallel installation of 32-bit Cygwin (including libmpfr1) on your
new PC. It would be helpful to report back to this list.

In the longer term, we will need to re-build the toolchains against
libraries provided by 64-bit Cygwin.

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer