Re: Spurious interrupt on ARM.

Excellent thanks. I guess we're a bit out of date.

Thanks again,
Andrew

On 01/11/2013 17:42, Nick Garnett wrote:

On 01/11/13 17:20, Andrew Parlane wrote:
Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear.
First we skip the ISR by jumping to the spurious_IRQ label, and then we
switch stacks if necessary, then we have (line numbers may vary):

941        // The return value from the handler (in r0) will indicate
whether a
942        // DSR is to be posted. Pass this together with a pointer to the
943        // interrupt object we have just used to the interrupt tidy
up routine.
944
945                              // don't run this for spurious interrupts!
946        cmp     v1,#CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_NONE
947        beq     17f
948        ldr     r1,.hal_interrupt_objects
949        ldr     r1,[r1,v1,lsl #2]
950        mov     r2,v6           // register frame
951
952        THUMB_MODE(r3,10)
953
954        bl      interrupt_end   // post any bottom layer handler
955                                // threads and call scheduler
956        ARM_MODE(r1,10)
957 17:

So it compares the result of hal_IRQ_handler (stored in v1) with
CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_NONE, and jumps forwards to label 17: which is
after interrupt_end. if it was a spurious IRQ.

Hmm. You're right. That is clearly wrong. Our own sources have the
following code, which is slightly different:

         // The return value from the handler (in r0) will indicate
whether a
         // DSR is to be posted. Pass this together with a pointer to the
         // interrupt object we have just used to the interrupt tidy up
routine.

         // For a spurious interrupt, pass a NULL object. interrupt_end()
will
         // handle that and still unlock the scheduler.
         cmp     v1,#CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_NONE
         moveq   r1,#0
         beq     17f
         ldr     r1,.hal_interrupt_objects
         ldr     r1,[r1,v1,lsl #2]
17:
         mov     r2,v6           // register frame

So interrupt_end does get called, but with a NULL interrupt object pointer.